The reopening of the Terrace was a very exciting time. Social saw a lot of engagement from followers across all platforms. A combination of graduation weekend and the Terrace chairs returning led to a huge increase in followers on Facebook, Snapchat and Twitter over five days (when compared to monthly averages).
|Social Media Platform||New followers in 5-day period||Average new followers in a month|
The reopening of the Terrace and the return of the Terrace chairs also coincided with the madness of graduation weekend. The Union held many events for graduates between 5/12 and 5/14, including:
- helping bring out the chairs on May 12
- free supplies to decorate graduation caps
- free music by Sixteen Candles and Gin, Chocolate and Bottle Rockets
- photos on the big Terrace chairs at Union South and Memorial Union
- free bowling for graduates at the Sett Rec
Posts from these five days include a lot of visuals like photo albums, GIFs, transformation photos from a black & white Terrace to a colorful one, live tours of the Terrace and coverage of grads and students helping bring out the chairs.
A full report can be found here.